2013年12月17日星期二

Ain't Nuthin' but a Gee Thang - Poker Update

Courtney Gee is back with her first weekly poker update. Courtney's on a quest to never work another 9-5 job and she's not letting Black Friday stop her.
If you haven't already, get up to date with the storyline with Courtney's intro posts here and here.
Hi everyone! I played four days of online poker since the last time I wrote:
# MTTs: 132
Average buy-in: $30.20
Hours: 31.5
Net result: -$537.39
I lost a lot less than the previous week, and overall I’m pretty happy with it. It might seem weird that I’d be happy about a losing week, but the truth is that this is a miniscule loss when it comes to MTTs.
If I only lost $537 every time I had a losing week, I’d be rich in no time!
A big reason for the low loss amount is the fact that I have been playing
marked cards as many $36 turbo 180 sit-and-gos as possible. They fill up fairly regularly during Euro peak hours, especially on weekends. This past Sunday I registered all of them between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm (PST) and got in nine.
The 180s help a lot because they are easy to final table since they 1) have small fields and 2) are incredibly soft. Being insanely soft has a lot to do with Black Friday. While they were obviously very beatable back when Americans were still playing, a lot of the 180 grinders are now gone. This is really good news for someone like me because 180s are great for reducing MTT variance.
Looking back at my spreadsheets from the four days I played last week, it looks like most of my decent cashes came from $36 180s. I made 3 final tables and came 2nd in one of them. These cashes really help while waiting around for a bigger score from one of the other tourneys that I play on a regular basis.
Another reason I have started playing as many 180s as possible is that they make the mental challenge of playing MTTs a lot easier to deal with. Tournaments can be difficult to play on a regular basis because they obviously so often end in disappointment.
Big final tables can be few and far between, so making a bunch of small field final tables really helps emotionally while waiting around for a bigger score.
I have stopped playing on Full Tilt Poker for the time being cheat poker. It is my personal preference to stick with PokerStars exclusively while all the Black Friday stuff is going on. Once Full Tilt has paid all of its American players and have established that they are, indeed, business as usual without the US, I might go back.
Without Full Tilt tournaments in my schedule, I no longer have $75 freeze-outs at my disposal, and I have one less $109 tournament in my schedule. This has caused my average buy-in to drop quite a bit, and I imagine it will stay this way for a while barring any major bankroll increase.
Three days of poker coming up and hopefully I can actually write about some profit next week. Thanks for reading and good luck at the tables!


没有评论:

发表评论