2013年12月17日星期二

ADZ124 Epic Life Story Part 3

Matt "ADZ124" Marafioti is back with the third installment of his poker life story. Be sure to catch up with Part 1 and Part 2 if you haven't already.
One night I was trying to chat up a girl from Argentina who didn’t really speak English, while playing 200/400 PLO for one orbit (not knowing a thing about the game).
In that first orbit I got a dry AA and made it $1,400, perkyshmerky raised to $4,400 and I made it $14,400, we ended up playing a $98k pot on 10-9-2 flop with 26k in the pot. He had K-J-T with a flush draw so I was in bad shape and lost.
That week cost me another $150 k total, the downswing now totaled $700,000 and was by far my biggest downswing yet at just 19 years old. I would say a good $250k was wasted on PLO alone.
From February to June I spoke to no one. I sat in my parents basement and grinded my ass off. $4k here $4k there, slow and steady. I built my rolls up to about $500k online but by the end of the year I felt my life was passing me by and wanted a girlfriend again infrared contactlenses.
I lent a friend $30k on stars and he lent me his $280,000 mercedes, seemed like a fair trade. He had Ferraris and every car you could imagine. Anyways, one day he left the country. He left the cars and everything else behind and stiffed me for my $30k totally out of the blue and got arrested at the border.
It turned out he was the guy who created the software that read your pin over the ATM machines. If you see him at the Commerce in LA or in Vegas let me know and I will reward you. His name is Patrick Khalifan.
I had to give the Mercedes back to the leasing company but I had this new girl I was trying to impress so I went out and bought an Aston Martin the next week.
I was paying less attention to poker and good 200/400 games were actually running at the time on Stars with Steve_Harris from Toronto playing trick cards a lot. I missed most of these games, then decided one night after a steak dinner it would be a good idea to two-table durrr at 100/200 Hold’em on Stars.
I lost $160,000 to him in an hour and a half in front of this guy I barely know. It was so pathetic.
I then decided to try and be all Hollywood and do this reality show with two other friends of mine who were willing to make a long term investment in it. They thought it was a good, unique idea. So did I.

没有评论:

发表评论